Using Rewards Credit Cards

Posted on
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Credit cards tend to get a bad reputation these days, but if you ask me, I think they can be wonderful. I think that if users are smart and use credit cards responsibly, you can actually benefit from using cards that offer awesome rewards. My hubby and I have the Barclay Arrival Plus Credit Card, and it’s been my favorite so far. We basically pay EVERYTHING with it – groceries, gas, food, movie tickets, etc.- but we make sure to pay it off in full at the end of the month. The great thing about this card in particular is that you accumulate points each time you spend, and you can then use those points to help pay off any travel-related purchases. So if you buy airline tickets or stay at a hotel while on vacation, you can use your rewards to pay off that balance. Plus, a lot of cards have great into bonuses. Ours, for example, offered 50,000 bonus miles when you spent $3,000 within the first three months. Since we buy almost everything with our Barclay card, we spent that $3,000 real fast, and those 50,000 bonus miles translated into a $500 travel statement credit that we used to help pay for our trip to Napa that year. So yea, that’s my take on rewards credit cards. I mean, if you’re going to spend the money anyway, might as well get some rewards for doing so. Anyone else love credit cards as much as I do? Any other credit cards you recommend? Would love to know!

I love my travel points that I accumulate with my credit cards. When my daughter went off to college in Boston, I got a Jet Blue card. It provided me with a trip each year! The tricky part is to make sure that the total amount is paid off each month. While I am usually good with that – I have struggled from time to time with credit card debt. When used right – credit card travel points are a bonus!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.