My Financial Yearly Check Up

Posted on ,
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I just received an email from my money manager (the one that oversees most of my retirement accounts) to set up our yearly check up. I love that they are always on top of this and contact me. We get together every August to review account allocation and past growth. We also talk a lot about the kids, my job and income, and any changes over the past year. We discuss if we need to make any changes to the accounts and take care of any business that might need tending to.

I like that this review lets me see if I am on target for retirement with what I currently have put away. While it does not cover the whole scope of financial planning, it does look at my retirement savings and their earnings.

When I walk in to the meeting, I usually do not have many questions. I would love to compile a list of questions to ask them. If you were meeting with your retirement money manager – what questions would you ask? And how do I know if the fees that I pay are reasonable? I do ask about the fees, but I do not know what to compare them to.

Thanks for the help!

What a great concept! I think it’s wonderful that you meet once a year to go over your finances, plans, and goals. A lot can happen in a year, and I think a lot of people forget that. A once a year checkup is definitely healthy. Best of luck!

I would actually take your documents and sit with other financial advisers to get their opinion on the plan you have. Depending on their suggestions I would take those comments, concerns or questions to your advisor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Build your investments’ is closed to new topics and replies.