Top Money Wasters

Posted on ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kayla Buell - Ambassador Kayla Buell – Ambassador 6 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • #4167 Reply

My top money wasters include things like all too frequent trips to coffee shops, ordering that second round of food (that I don’t really need), and over the top purchases on iTunes late at night. Hey, I enjoy watching movies from the comfort of my couch a little too often.

But as I begin to work with a new accountant I realize how MUCH money I waste on little things like Hulu, Starz, Amazon, etc. subscription and more than my fair shares of food deliveries. I know I need to curb all of the above habits, but it’s a struggle for me.

Anybody else out there letting their little money wasters sideline their financial plans?

#4400 Reply

You hit my soft spot when you said iTunes… My pitfall is game purchases. I don’t play often but when I do I spend way too much money on purchasing extra “lifes.”

One thing that has kept me on budget with coffee is using the coffee shop app. My favorite is Dunkin. I preload it with my budget and that’s all I get. Plus they also have really good deals because I’m using the app. When the football team, soccer team or basketball team plays its $1. I’m building points too so I always end up with free coffee.

#4782 Reply

Yep, those little subscriptions kill us big time. And yea, my hubby and iTunes are way too friendly these days. It’s so easy to think like, “oh it’s only $3.99 or $5.99 to rent a movie.” But that $5.99 can quickly turn into $40-$50 a month if you’re not careful. I definitely make it a point to watch these expenses and if I don’t see any progress soon, I’ll be sure to disconnect our credit card from our iTunes account lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Top Money Wasters
Your information: