Setting Goals When Starting Over Again

Posted on , ,
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

One of the challenges we have been facing as a family after going through two periods of unemployment in two years, is setting financial goals again now that we are past that rough time. We know we need to re-build our emergency fund, that we might need should we find ourselves in that situation again. And we know we’ve been neglecting both our retirement savings and college savings for our kids during the time we were focused on just making it month-to-month. So we are using our SUM180 to help us figure all of that out. What really helps is that there are just three goals for us to work on right now, and that makes it a lot less overwhelming.

Glad we are on the other side of this… and glad that we have a plan to get us back to good financial health. Has anyone else been through this?

I have had to start all over after a divorce. It meant taking a hard look at where I was and what I wanted. After some soul searching I moved to a much smaller place and left a beloved job so that I could make more money. It was all necessary and it all worked out well. While I admit I have feelings of nostalgia for my former home and job – I am in a great place. And billing a solid financial life. Stories of unemployment remind me to stay on track. Good luck to you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.