No Spend Mondays

Posted on
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

I love a challenge and I love games. So as I thought of creative ways to save on daily expenses, I decided to challenge myself to the game of No Spend Mondays. Here’s how it works: I take one day a week, usually Mondays, and do not spend any money. I make coffee at home instead of buying my morning coffee on the way to work. I prep my breakfast at home and bring my lunch to work. Dinner is a clean-out-the-cupboard night. In terms of entertainment, I choose various free activities: a walk with a friend or reading a book. The exercise makes you realize that a lot of fulfilling and fun activities are free. Does anyone have other games they play to make savings a little easier?

I love this so much! Sometimes a no-spend week can be a little intimidating, but a no-spend day once a week is totally doable. I love that it’s the same day each week too so it’s easy to remember. Even if you’re saving $15 or $20 that day, in a month, that adds up! I’m totally going to start doing this! Just not on Fridays. Fridays are my splurge days! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.