Would you sacrifice your weekly manicures to save $3000 or more a year?

Posted on
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

I just read a tip from in one of my favorite online magazines that suggested we consider giving up regular weekly manicures for several reasons – healthier nails, environmental concerns, etc. The argument that caught my attention, however, was the potential savings:

At ten dollars a pop–not including tip–and weekly maintenance, that “cheapie” manicure adds up to a hefty sum by the end of the year (more than $3,000!). That could fund a trip to Thailand. Or buy that purse. Or go into your 401(k).

An extra $3000 in my bank account at the end of the year would be nothing to sneeze at! But wait, there’s more. In my experience, this estimate is probably extremely conservative, based as it is on a $10 cost estimate per manicure. At least here in the Midwest, manicures start at about $20 and go up to $30-40, depending on the type of manicure…and that’s not including tip. This means the potential savings for someone willing to give up her regular mani-pedi fix could easily be over $5000 a year!

Would you do it? And if you did, what would spend the money on instead?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Grow your savings’ is closed to new topics and replies.