Revision of My Plan Due To Job Loss With the Help of An Adviser

Posted on , ,
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

In the beginning of 2016 I was terminated from my job without notice. My original SUM180 plan recommended that I put aside more cash and save for emergencies. However, this emergency came a couple of weeks after my original SUM180 plan was delivered to me.

It was clear I had a challenge on my hands and I started talking to my friends and family about possible financial solutions as I looked for a new job. My sister recommended that I sell my home since it has a substantial amount of equity and would end my financial worries.

I was all set to sell my home and I told my girlfriend who didn’t think it was a good idea, she suggested I talk to a financial adviser. Oh right… why didn’t I think of that? It was then that I remembered that my SUM180 subscription provides follow-up financial advisory support at no additional charge.

I was able to make an appointment with Angela Dorsey, and it was such a relief to know that I would be able to discuss the changes with a professional who could provide objective advice.

It was so delightful to speak with Angela, her support was warm and comforting. She made it a priority to focus on my immediate needs and questioned if I really wanted to move from my home. She pointed out that it would be a drastic move and encouraged me to slow down. She suggested that I first seek out a small personal loan or home equity line of credit to “bridge” the time it would take for me to get a new job. She reminded me how much I do love my home (a solid asset), my neighborhood and that there were less drastic options to take as I look for a new job.

I am so grateful for the support of the Sum180 team.

This is really helpful to know. My husband also just lost his job and it is definitely impacting our next moves as far as our plan goes as well. Glad to see we can adjust it with help from SUM180!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.