Learning more & more here

Posted on ,
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hi Zipporah – Wanted to pass along what, for me, has been a worry-free option. I have come to really like the Vanguard Lifecycle Funds for this purpose because they are the lowest cost that we individuals can get into. The Vanguard Lifecycle Balanced Funds Target Retirement 2015 or Target Retirement 2020 would already have the right mix of bonds and stocks to be appropriate for your circumstances, I believe, but when you call them you can ask them any question you want until you are comfortable with what to do. The account minimum is $1,000, fyi. Let us know how it goes? Thanks, Carla

Thank you Carla. $1,000 is actually fine with me, and I hadn’t realized that there were great balanced funds specifically targeted at retiring. Off to do my research at Vanguard (all of my other investments are with Fidelity, so this is new territory).

Fidelity has them, too, and it is probably easier to have your money all together. Just ask them for their “lifecycle” funds and they’ll be able to steer you in the right direction. We’re routing for you! Carla

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Save for retirement’ is closed to new topics and replies.