Many of us now carry a smartphone wherever we go. If saving money is a priority, take advantage of free and low-cost phone apps that help manage spending and find great bargains. Here are a few apps to check out.
- Mint.com. Connect to your bank and credit card accounts, then sync automatically so you can always get a quick snapshot of your financial picture. Use it to create a budget and track your spending.
- GasBuddy. Simply enter your zip code to find the cheapest gas in your area.
- BestParking. Finding affordable parking can feel like an impossible task, especially when you’re in an unfamiliar area. Use this appt to quickly find the cheapest parking option near you.
- Allpoint. Avoid unnecessary ATM charges. When you need cash quickly, find one of 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the US, UK, Mexico, and Australia.
- CompareMe. This $2 iPhone app allows you to enter all the product information, the package size and price, then tells you if you’re actually saving money on a particular promotion.
- HotelTonight. Quickly find a low-cost hotel room in the city of your choice – without having to book in advance.
Do you use any smartphone apps to save money on the go? Which ones do you recommend?