Louisville, KY—December 6, 2017—SUM180 today announced that it is one of six winners of the HOT Innovation Award from EnterpriseCorp, the entrepreneurial arm of Greater Louisville Inc. Sum180 is an online financial wellness service, made for everyone, that starts where they are and gives them personalized next steps to help them improve their finances and live better, now and in the future.
EnterpriseCorp granted HOT and FAST awards to 12 of the region’s most innovative up and coming companies at an awards ceremony on December 4 at The Loft at The Gillespie. The awards were presented by Hilliard Lyons and Dean Dorton.
“We appreciate the recognition of our efforts to innovate in the fintech market,” said Sum180 CEO Carla Dearing. “Everyone deserves the financial advice and tools they need to make their lives better—and to truly engage. We know we need to meet each individual client where they are and offer them the right-sized, actionable advice they need, in the market. Technology enables us to do that.”
The “HOT” and “FAST” companies chosen by EnterpriseCorp exemplify the high-potential, innovative work being done throughout the region’s entrepreneurial community. Past winners include stand-outs such as ZirMed, Appellis Pharmaceuticals and MobileServe.
The criteria used in this year’s selection of six HOT companies include being a technology-based company that is utilizing innovation to differentiate itself in the marketplace, and incorporating some level of intellectual property within its innovation. Each winner has already gained customer traction as an indication of early adoption, and is currently in or has had successful equity raises. They are all EnterpriseCorp clients.
The criteria used to select this year’s six FAST companies are high-growth demonstrated by revenue increases of at least 20% annually for three years or more, starting from a revenue base of at least $1 million. This growth pace means that the company has effectively doubled its revenues.
EnterpriseCorp believes all 12 winners are positioned to continue growing and improve Greater Louisville’s economy.
The EnterpriseCorp HOT & FAST Companies of 2017 are:
- Advanced Energy Materials – developed catalyst products based on nanowire technology that can be used in oil refineries, alternate fuels, and chemical processing industries. Their mission is to be an innovative leader in delivering these catalyst products to global customers.
- GoWild – is a social media app for hunters, anglers, and outdoor enthusiasts. As one of the fastest growing apps in the outdoors industry, GoWild curates a large community where outdoors enthusiasts can engage, interact, and learn.
- Lucina Health — helps insurance providers reduce high-cost pregnancies by providing care management software that uses predictive analytics and other data sources to aggregate claims. A companion mobile app collects actionable data and delivers a personalized pregnancy plan to each mother.
- Revon Systems– develops digital therapeutics called Smart Symptom Trackers (SSTs) designed to reduce the severity of chronic disease symptoms and unnecessary hospitalizations with early intervention. SSTs are trained by machine learning.
- Schedule It – created a new software program designed for insurance adjusters in the field to schedule mass appointments and organize information they need to successfully manage their calendars.
- Sum180 – is an online financial wellness service with jargon-free, personalized financial advice delivered as three simple Next Steps. Sum180 includes an online community for engagement tracking, a gamified mobile experience, and affordable access to qualified financial advisers.
- Car Keys Express– is embracing new car key technology and turning it into a competitive advantage. By leveraging proprietary technologies, creating revolutionary products and processes, Car Keys Express helps their clients reduce the cost of replacing or duplicating car keys.
- EdjAnalytics – is a data science and prescriptive analytics firm. They build custom models and solutions that empower their clients in sports, healthcare, education, markets, and other industries make faster, more accurate, data-driven decisions.
- Onovative – developed banking software that is a modern outbound marketing platform which uses the data financial institutions already possess to send automated, multi-channel offers and communications.
- Red e App – is a mobile workflow communication and file distribution platform architected specifically for non-desk and hourly workers. They help companies create efficient operations for unconnected workers, specifically centered on Human Resources, Training, Environmental Health & Safety, and Change Management.
- SmartBox – helps dentists thrive by delivering more patients through their industry-leading Patient Attraction System.
- SuperFanU – is the ultimate fan loyalty and engagement platform, helping high schools, universities, and pro teams increase attendance, generate revenue, connect, and communicate with their entire fan base.
Sum180 is an online financial wellness service, made for everyone, that starts where they are and gives them personalized next steps to help them improve their finances and live better, now and in the future.
Specifically, Sum180 is differentiated in the following ways:
- Sum180 meets people where they are. SUM180 plans are personalized to help people wherever they are right now on their financial journey; whether they’re just beginning, starting over or well on their way.
- Sum180 plans are simple. They start with only the three (3) most important next steps, making them easier to accomplish, and gives clients a clear picture of where they are.
- Sum180 doesn’t assume clients want to become financial experts to meet their financial goals. SUM180 provides the tools they need, without overwhelming them with “education” and details they don’t need.
- Sum180 offers a community for users, unfiltered, which allows them to explore and share.
- Sum180 serves; never sells. Earning and keeping client trust is SUM180’s highest priority. SUM180 never makes commissions from any of its recommendations, ever.
Additional information about Sum180 may be found at Sum180.com.
EnterpriseCorp is the entrepreneurial arm of Greater Louisville Inc. (GLI)—the region’s leading economic development organization—and the Louisville Regional Office for the Kentucky Innovation Network (KIN). GLI’s EnterpriseCorp is dedicated to building a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem and culture for early stage and fast growth companies. For more information, visit www.EnterpriseCorp.com.
About Greater Louisville Inc.
Greater Louisville Inc.—the Metro Chamber of Commerce—is where regional business leaders come together to accelerate business competitiveness, economic growth and job creation in the Greater Louisville region. The region’s largest business leadership organization, GLI leads economic and global outreach strategies focused on business attraction; nurtures the entrepreneurial eco-system and fast growth companies; and champions the development of the community’s talent base. As the voice of the business community, GLI advocates for a pro-business environment and facilitates business leadership engagement on issues that impact regional competitiveness. For more information, visit www.GreaterLouisville.com.
# # #