FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Louisville, KY—March 6, 2018—Sum180 today announced that it is elevating long-time partner Cordi Powell to Lead Financial Adviser. The announcement comes as banks and financial institutions are imbuing apps with artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver better customer service. Cordi, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Enrolled Agent (EA), will lead the firm’s team of financial advisers. A pioneer in using AI to make top quality financial advice accessible and affordable to all, Sum180 is an online financial wellness service, made for everyone, that starts where they are and gives them personalized next steps to help them improve their finances and live better, now and in the future.
“Helping people change their finances and their lives has always been a balancing act of delivering great advice and a human touch to address the fundamentally emotional nature of our relationship to our money,” said Sum180 CEO Carla Dearing. “As AI transforms the financial services landscape by expanding our ability to provide great personalized advice, and do it more consistently while also adhering to best practices, nothing changes the importance of a human adviser who can create a relationship with the connection and trust necessary to empower behavioral change.”
“Just as Sum180 is finding new ways to bring the power of AI to financial solutions for real people, in her new position as Lead Adviser, Cordi will spearhead our efforts to maintain that crucial human connection as we continue to evolve to best meet customers’ needs,” Carla added.
“At present artificially intelligent systems are a powerful complement to human financial advice, not its replacement. No matter how accurately an automated system assesses personal data and circumstances, there are always intangibles to consider in deciding what to do next, and how. The artificial intelligence that powers Sum180’s proprietary online financial wellness system delivers advice that aligns with what customers would receive from an expert financial adviser in person. Nothing else like it exists online today,” continued Carla.
“Cordi’s professional expertise is matched by the warmth and empathy she brings to every customer relationship. With Cordi leading our team of financial advisers, I’m confident that Sum180 customers who wish to go beyond the advice generated by our automated system, will receive the support they need and deserve,” Carla said.
“Money is always emotional,” Cordi said. “Entirely automated financial planning services, however sophisticated, are not able to make an emotional connection with clients, explore their choices with them, or address the deeper questions and issues that go beyond mere data. Combining the benefits of automated advice with human advice delivers the best of both worlds,” Cordi concluded.
# # #
Sum180 is an online financial wellness service, made for everyone, that starts where they are and gives them personalized next steps to help them improve their finances and live better, now and in the future.
Specifically, Sum180 is differentiated in the following ways:
- Sum180 meets people where they are. Sum180 plans are personalized to help people wherever they are right now on their financial journey; whether they’re just beginning, starting over or well on their way.
- Sum180 plans are simple. They start with only the three most important next steps, making them easier to accomplish, and gives clients a clear picture of where they are.
- Sum180 doesn’t assume clients want to become financial experts to meet their financial goals. Sum180 provides the tools they need, without overwhelming them with “education” and details they don’t need.
- Sum180 offers a community for users, unfiltered, which allows them to explore and share.
- Sum180 serves; never sells. Earning and keeping client trust is Sum180’s highest priority. Sum180 never makes commissions from any of its recommendations, ever.
Additional information about Sum180 may be found at https://sum180.com/.
# # #
Robin Schoen Public Relations