Working Smarter, Not Harder

Posted on , ,
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Being self-employed I know the importance of a rainy day fun more than anyone, or I guess I should say that I SHOULD know about it more than anyone else. But I’ll be the first to admit that I have the hardest time saving money or putting money aside for those rainy days and/or slow months that may come my way.

For the rest of the year I’m doing my best to focus on working smarter, not harder, and that includes not taking on every project that comes my way, but only the ones that are a good fit with proper compensation. Meaning that I won’t be spinning my wheels endlessly on small projects that I do just to be “safe” with money. May be hard at first, but I know down the road that only taking on projects that align with my brand/my budget will help in the long run.

Wow, I understand. That’s a bold resolution and probably a tough one to stick to, if (like me) you’re prone to feeling anxious about money even in the best of times. The best things about being self-employed, in my opinion, are having control over your own schedule and the freedom to do diverse projects that are interesting and rewarding. But the unpredictability of paying work sure can be a big downside. I hope you find a steady client/project or to take some of the pressure off, and enable you to start building up that rainy day fund. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.