State of the (financial) union

Posted on
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

With the new year right around the corner (can you believe it?!) my hubby and I are preparing for our annual state of the FINANCIAL union. It might sound a little silly, but every year sometime in January we sit down to discuss our finances and how we did that year. Not only do we analyze our previous year’s spending, but we also take this opportunity to define our money goals for the next year. How are we doing? What areas can improve on? What debts are next in line to pay?

Just like most of sit down to make New Year’s resolutions that usually have to do with learning a new skill or losing weight, we make financial resolutions and having that goal in mind keeps us motivated after the stressful (and expensive) holiday season.

Anyone else do something similar? Have you found it to be helpful? Anything else I should take a look at while reviewing our financial situation?

An annual State of the Financial Union – what a great idea, Kayla! Check out these blog posts from Carla Dearing. I think they might be good fodder for your “financial summit” with your hubby:

6 powerful money habits to adopt before the year is over: Carla suggests setting an overall savings goal for the year, then adopting specific habits to make the savings happen.

Financial resolutions and how to stick to them: It’s one thing to make financial resolutions…and another thing entirely to keep at ’em through the year. (Hint: If you need help, ask for it!)

Hitting the reset button financially: 3 steps to start off on the right foot in the new year: My favorite tip from this list – challenge yourself, what aspects of your life could you downsize?

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘SUM180: Our story’ is closed to new topics and replies.