Money Saving Apps

Posted on , ,
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I’ve always been the worst at saving money, and I’ve literally always been the kind of person with that “money burns a hole in my pocket” mentality. The older I’ve gotten the more I realize that needs to change, especially since I’m a self-employed person. But old habits definitely die hard!

Over the last couple of years though I’ve been trying my hand at apps that help me automatically save a set amount each month. A personal favorite, Acorn, actually allows me to round up all my transactions and invests the amounts rounded up into a fund. For me, that’s a lifesaver! Because if it’s something that happens automatically, without me having to think about it, I’m much more likely to actually save and/or invest.

How about you guys? Anyone find themselves in a similar spot? And if so, what are some of your favorite apps to help yourselves save up?

Yes! Love this! Acorn is really cool because when you think about it, how many times do we just give away our loose change? Loose change is a pain so if you’re saving all of that money automatically, IDK, I just think it’s a no-brainer. I’m personally a huge fan of Ebates because I shop online a lot. Now before I checkout online, I’ll look to see if there’s an Ebates link because if I use it, I get a certain percentage cash back. Right now I have like $50ish dollars in my Ebates account and it’s all from making purchases I was planning on making anyway. If you’re going to spend the money regardless, might as well use apps that give you back a certain percentage. I’m also a big fan of Ibotta and Checkout 51 for groceries. If you haven’t already, check those out!

I’m following along. Right now I don’t use any apps for saving money and I keep thinking that I should. Off to check out Acorn!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Grow your savings’ is closed to new topics and replies.