Keeping Up With Joneses

Posted on , , ,
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

It’s a tale as old as time, and it’s as alive today as it ever has been. Keeping up with Joneses, especially in the social media age, is going nowhere fast. Working in the social media industry makes it even worse for me. Wanting to always have the latest iPhone, best camera, and go on the best, most exciting trips – all for the good content, of course.

But it’s definitely taking a toll on my bank account(s). How do y’all overcome the need to keep up appearances? I know that if I wasn’t in the industry I’m in it would be AS bad, but I’ve always felt the need to have the newest/best thing. That’s a consumer society for ya!

Oh man. Yea, it’s bad these days. I scroll through my Instagram account and I see all these gorgeous looking ladies with the nicest clothes and shoes and I just want to buy it all! I’m constantly having to remind myself that their life isn’t mine, and that mine is just as great without the luxury handbags. I try to focus on the great things I do have in my life and try to consume a little less content whenever I’m finding myself in that comparison trap.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Manage your debt’ is closed to new topics and replies.