Its The Little Things

Posted on , ,
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

After looking over my expenses from August it’s clear to me that the little things, like picking up the tab for drinks or dinner with friends or even my morning coffee runs, are what add up SO quickly. But at the same time, in my field (lifestyle blogger) I have to be out and about doing things, otherwise I have nothing to post and/or talk about.

It’s definitely a fine line to walk, and I’m trying my best to figure out how to walk it without going overboard. In the long run I know it’s a benefit to my business to be out trying new restaurants, taking photos, etc., but at the same time it’s a huge hit on the bank account every month.

Any tips for staying active in the social scene without going completely overboard?

I agree – the little things really add up, and it is hard to find the right balance. I find that this is when having that set budget comes in handy. While it might feel like deprivation, if I only have x amount of money set aside for the little things – I pick and choose much more carefully.

I agree – it is hard!

I think Stacey’s got the right idea: having a set budget so you don’t spend what you can’t afford. One more idea that might help stretch your dining/entertainment budget – rewards programs. Depending on the program, sometimes the reward is a free meal at a specific restaurant or sometimes it’s points that can be redeemed in a number of ways (your choice). The reward program might come with your credit card, or it may be specific to a restaurant network, or be something as simple as a free cup of coffee for every 10 purchases. Personally, I never met a rewards program I didn’t like – I’ve even signed up for rewards at my hair stylist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Grow your savings’ is closed to new topics and replies.