Is Pet Insurance Worth It?

Posted on
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I’m legit a crazy cat lady, obsessed with my cat, Graham, but our poor sick kitty is costing the hubby and I a fortune. He’s only about 7 years old and unfortunately he’s been diagnosed with some kidney issues, so we’re at the vet at least every two months and his treatment is averaging about $200+ every visit.

With our new baby arriving any day now, that expense isn’t really sustainable long-term because we’ll need every extra dollar to help with these new baby expenses. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you had any luck with pet insurance and whether or not you’ve found it to be helpful.

These fur babies can definitely be expensive, so if you have any tips/ideas/suggestions on how to reduce their healthcare costs, please let me know!

I had pet insurance for a while but eventually let it lapse. The premiums were fairly low and I thought at first I was getting a deal, but turns out, the coverage wasn’t all that great. In the end it didn’t seem worth the paperwork hassle. Sorry I don’t have better news.

I let my pet insurance go. I got it when she was a baby just to cover the big expenses like getting her fixed and those puppy emergencies throughout the first year. Afterwards it just wasn’t worth it. I think just put that insurance money in a little account for your pup.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.