I thought this was supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year…

Posted on
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I love the holidays. I mean, I’m not the type that would knock on your door singing Christmas carols or anything like that, but I love the overall feel that the holiday season brings. This year, though…I’m having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit because it seems like everything that can go wrong (financially speaking), has.

First, it was our washing machine. Then it was the alternator on my truck. Then it was my laptop…followed closely behind by the desktop computer — both of which are absolutely necessary because my entire business is run online.

On the bright side, my wife and I have a ‘Dave Ramsey Approved’ emergency savings of $1,000. Even then, to fix and/or replace all of those things would probably take us back to square one.

I know in the grand scheme of things, it could be a lot worse…but that doesn’t make it any less frustrating in the short term.

Anyone else feel like they’re facing one (financial) challenge after another in what is supposed to be the “most wonderful time of the year”?

Yes! I feel your pain. I’m in a crunch and in need of an increase of income. There’s no room in my budget for error or unexpected expenses. I simply have to put the things I want on hold. It doesn’t feel good to have to scale back on Christmas but I’ve already told my family that my gifts will be small this year and thankfully they understand. Not a great place to be but things will turn around for both of us!

Yes! I’m with you right there! The other day our A/C broke and we had to come up with $300+ to fix that…then a few weeks later, our cat’s emergency vet visit set us back another $300. Definitely stresses me out when I have to deal with these unexpected expenses during the holidays, but at least you’ve got a little emergency fund that should help! As soon as the holidays are over, I’ll be working on creating a bigger emergency fund for our family.

Thank you, both…glad to know I’m not alone!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.