Gym Memberships

Posted on ,
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

In line with my last post about Whole30 I also joined a gym at the beginning of the year, and while there are definitely cheaper options, like running outdoors for free, but I’m loving the group mentality of going to the YMCA.

I’ve actually sold several friends on the idea because of the added value of a membership at a Y. Our Downtown location here in Louisville offers everything from a free weight center to a multitude of led classes each and every day.

Those led classes are what have made the membership, and added financial responsibility, more than worth it to me. They’ve helped kick my butt into gear and allowed me to get back into decent shape in a much shorter time span than if I had just joined a gym and tried to tackle everything on my own.

So while I probably shouldn’t have added another bill to the list right off the bat in 2018, but I couldn’t be happier about how I’m feeling. Anyone else starting the new year off by investing in themselves first?

I’m not much into classes, but my sister is a BIG fan – spin, Pilates, Zumba, etc etc – she has a gym setup in her home but she swears the structure and group environment of a class, and especially the variety, motivate her more than she ever could motivate herself on her own. If it works for you, it’s the kind of investment that will MORE than pay for itself in the long run! Go, you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.