Getting Back on Track

Posted on , ,
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Since this is a ‘safe space’ I feel like I can be honest with you guys: My budgeting has been completely off for the past six or so months and I’m having a hard time getting things back on track. I’m not sure if it’s par for the self-employment course, since working for yourself means you no longer are paid at bi-weekly intervals…or maybe I’ve just become really bad at managing money.

I’m naturally an excel spreadsheet lovin’, to-do list box checkin’, financial nerd, but these last few months have been the complete opposite and I can’t seem to snap back into it. Has anyone experienced a similar time when your money management skills just seem ‘off’? If so, how did you overcome it?

Kelby – I feel you! The hubby and I have been totally off our budget the last few months, but it’s because we’re preparing for our new baby that’ll be arriving this December. There have been so many crazy expenses we’ve been dealing with, but I keep on telling myself that most of these are one-time purchases. Once she gets here, sure, there will be other expenses we need to deal with, but those big items – the stroller, crib, mattress, etc. will have already been purchased. Best of luck getting back on track! Don’t let a few bad months ruin everything you’ve worked hard for. There’s a brand new year ahead, so make it a point to hit the reset button! 🙂

I can definitely relate to what you are going through. I had many big purchases and unexpected expenses with moving over the summer. I’m just now recovering. What helps is if you revisit your budget. You may be going overboard because you don’t have true numbers for your expenses or even just your allowance. See if that helps 🙂

Thanks, Kayla and Antoinette…glad to know I’m not alone! I’ll take your advice and hopefully that’ll help me press the reset button.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.