Finding money in new and interesting ways

Posted on ,
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I continue to find new and interesting ways to find money. Last week a friend told me about a site called missingmoney.com. Their mission as stated on their website is “State and Provincial governments working to safeguard and return your lost funds.” The site is easy enough to navigate and in less than 30 seconds I found money in an old PayPal account. Once you verify a few things you can make a claim online. Once completed, you then send in a paper copy of the claim to get your funds. While the amount of my “found” money is <$100, it is another small contribution to paying down debt. I would love to hear if others have had some luck with “fund money.”

Verizon called me recently and actually offered me a good deal in changing my cell phone plan. I am always skeptical of offers from big companies like that, but the sales rep cut my monthly bill down by $30. Again, not much, but I’ll take it.

I have garage sales each year. We have been able to contribute over $1,500 towards our debt payoff selling things we no longer used. It can be a big job but really worth it in the end. I also donate the rest and can make a list so I can get the best value for taxes, which saves us more. I have also found local groups on facebook that post things for sale. I will be using these more in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘My journey’ is closed to new topics and replies.