Finding cash in unexpected places

Posted on ,
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Fall is my favorite shopping season. Hot summer days leave me longing for a new chunky, cozy sweater. Wanting to stay committed to my Sum 180 plan, though, left me looking for ways to find more cash. Enter Amazon and Tradesy.

Most of us know Amazon as a buyer – not as a seller. After packing my son off for college I found myself with a stack of barely used textbooks. – many of them I had bought from third party sellers on Amazon. In less than ten minutes I set up a seller account and listed five textbooks on Amazon. In 10 days I earned $240.

Tradesy is an upscale clothing and accessory consignment site. I heard about Tradesy on the Today Show. You list your item including a photo and description. If you sell you make 91% of the sale price – way more than traditional consignment. To make the transaction more convenient, Tradesy sends you an envelope to ship your item to its new owner. I sold two pairs of shoes and a dress on Tradesy and made $420. With $660 I am off to find some great fall finds and my Sum 180 plan is still intact.

I had heard about Tradesy but was a little skeptical. I do love my local consignment shop, but it does require an appointment and a trip to the store. Including an envelop is a genius move – very persuasive!
    Thanks for the tip – your experience has convinced me to try it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Grow your savings’ is closed to new topics and replies.