Creating a Retirement Vision Board

Posted on , , ,
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The farther we are away from retirement, the harder it is to keep our retirement goals in mind. To help me keep my goals up and front in my thinking, I have created a Retirement Vision Board. I have always been a fan of vision boards – a board of pictures and quotes designed to help me visualize me reaching my goals. I have used them to reach fitness goals like completing triathlons and swimming from Alcatraz. For me they work! Now I have designed one specifically to help me reach the retirement lifestyle that I want. The board contains pictures of a home on a golf course, trails to hike, a silly “retirement schedule”, family gatherings, flowers, and travel pics. I simply love my new board!

What I love most, is that it helps me feel really good about the money I save for retirement. Instead of some vague notion of my life years from now, I can now see what our nest egg is for. With a visual reminder each day (I keep the board on a shelf in my bathroom), I not only feel better about putting money away, but I also think twice about spending on luxuries. When I can see what I am saving for, I actually want to save more!

Not only that, but going through the whole exercise of talking with my husband, picturing our future, and finding visual representations to include on the board was fun and inspiring.

My only questions is, “Why didn’t I think of this sooner?”

I love this idea considering it makes it visual and something you can look at every day to make sure you are on the right track. I’ll have to start one myself. When I think of vision boards I think short term goals but why can’t they be long term as well?

Antoinette, I have always loved my vision boards! This one is really helping me save.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Save for retirement’ is closed to new topics and replies.