An Appropriate Budget for New Furniture

Posted on , ,
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Hi All,

I’m not buying a house but I have to move out to an apartment of my own. I moved back in with my mom about a little over a year ago and I had to really consolidate and throw things away. I’ve kept some major things like a dinning room table and my bedroom furniture but I don’t have any living room furniture or kitchen. I also have to replace just about everything in the kitchen.

What do you feel is an appropriate budget for buying new furniture/house needs?

When my hubby and I moved into our new house a year and a half ago, we bough 3 barstools, a new sectional sofa for the family room, a dining room table + chairs, a tv/entertainment piece, a desk, and bedroom furniture and we spent about $6,000. Good thing here was that we were able to finance the expense at 0% interest for 3 years. We finally paid it all off, and it feels wonderful! Best of luck, lady!

Thanks Kayla! I was so grateful that a lot of things were donated and Craigslist/Facebook Market has actually been a gem. I found some great stuff just by looking at posts from people in more “affluent areas.” They were basically giving things away.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Buy a house’ is closed to new topics and replies.