52 Week Money Challenge

Posted on , ,
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hi All,

Last year I took a pay cut and my savings took a hit. When I considered the job change the numbers looked good on paper but I continued to overspend. After a bit more analyzing and thankfully, an increase at review time I was able to get things back in order and focus on my emergency savings again. I also wanted to create better habits by doing the 52 week money challenge. If you do it correctly you should have a little over $1300 saved. Is anyone doing this or has done it successfully? If so, what did you spend the money on?

If you don’t know what it is here is a sample worksheet of the amounts to save for each week. There are also challenges for saving $5,000 in a year!

Antoinette, something like this would be helpful for me as I save money for a car.

Hi Antoinette,

Thanks so much for sharing your story! I’ve heard of the 52 week savings challenge, but it’s one of those things that I’ve never gotten around to doing. However, I just printed out the worksheet you provided, and that’s it! I’m officially starting. I’m going to stick the worksheet on my refrigerator and highlight the weeks as I save. It’s amazing what just a few dollars a week can add up to. Seems like a great way to save up for Christmas expenses or for a much-needed vacation! Thanks again for that extra motivation! – Kayla

Hi Kayla!

Let me know how it goes 🙂 I’m doing it with you!

I think that’s a really good goal!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Grow your savings’ is closed to new topics and replies.